SPOT Messenger Map

Friday, November 26, 2010

Ensenada, MX


View from my balcony
Hotel Santo Tomas -- first rate. Excellent quality and service. Great low prices. Friendly, professionl staff. Bright, clean rooms with a decent speed Internet connection via WiFi throughout the building.

Got the big runaround trying to get my temporary import permit papers for the bike. I had a nice bilingual fellow on the hotel staff, Urel, on the phone trying to track down the correct office for me to visit.

See, when I crossed at Tecate, they told me I'd have to come to Ensenada to get the import papers.

So after tramping around to 4 different office yesterday, I think I have a good handle on the layout od downtown Ensenada.

It seems almost all of the government office are right in core, but there must be a checkpoint on the way into the city where the staff are requested to leave their good senses while at work.

I'm told I may be able to get one at a military checkpoint on the main raod south. Or if not, then there are some more immigration offices down in La Paz.

No comments:

Post a Comment