SPOT Messenger Map

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Chewacla State Park, AL

Phase 3 of Goin' Toco


The ride down from Atlanta to Mobile is just too much for a single day, especially considering I started at 2:30 PM. What was I thinking?!

Since I had to make this unexpected stop, I figured I really should be camping to save some funds. So, I fired up the Garmin and looked for camping locations en route.

Chewacla State Park, Alabama came up -- and only about 3 hours from Atlanta (when the take into consideration how slow I ride, and that I really dislike high-speed, limited access freeways)

Besides, it will give me a chance to confront and overcome a fear I've been carrying around inside of me for my entire adult life -- the Confederate flag.


Well, I actually have NOT seen a single "Southern Cross" in my travels in Alabama so far.



Wait, there's a note in my frying pan. Has that been
in my kitchen bag the whole trip...

Sweet!

But I did camp overnight, by myself in rural Alabama, on Halloween weekend!
And lived to tell the tale.

I arrived fairly late in the day, so had to move quickly to set up camp. Good thing it's only a small tent :)

No comments:

Post a Comment