SPOT Messenger Map

Friday, November 12, 2010

Another night in Albuquerque, NM


Albuquerque is a beautiful place. It's nestled beneath a sand coloured mountain, covered all over with individual green shrubs. It sorts looks like green polka dots.

At dusk, I found myself on top of a ridge opposite the mountain. Looking down at the city nestled into the valley below was actually breathtaking.

I only wish I could take photos that would do the scene justice. Take my word for it, if you can -- this is a magical place.

The homes here tend to have, to my eye, a typical Southwest look to them. Short, mostly bungalows, in adobe style, with strong-looking walls clad in earthy tones of plaster.

The only downside is the cold. MUCH colder than I thought it would be. I guess my research failed me there. Today's high was 50 F, and it's going down close to the freezing mark tonight.

I like the fact that there's no visible smog above the city. And smoking is not allowed in hotel rooms :)

I think I'll take another walk tonight, and see if I can get some good views of the mountains.

4 comments:

  1. cold front came thru southern illinois today high only 57, see you have to go north to find warmth. Bundle up and be safe, we are watching your progress gary and anita lytle- old harley riders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh oh, I see you're close to Roswell. Watch out for aliens... :) Be safe and warm good friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey D Cousin Michelle from Trinidad here, it is amazing what you are doing, looking forward to seeing you when you get here till then keep safe and go with God............

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really looking forward to getting there! Doesn't look like I'll make it for Christmas, but we'll celebrate whenever I reach. Who wants to ride the bike back up north?

    ReplyDelete