SPOT Messenger Map

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Tepic

After dealing with a bit of nausea brought on by a coffee I made for myself in the morning :( we ended up leaving  Mazatlan late yesterday - around noon. Daniel rode with me for the first 20 minutes, until the road split into the free and toll routes out of town. 

His help has been nothing short of absolutely amazing! Thank you Sir!!!

But the late start meant there was no way I could get all the way to Puerto Vallarta before nightfall. I'm staying in an inland town named Tepic. I thought finding a hotel here would be easier given the large size of the town, but the first hotel I stopped at wanted $900 (pesos) for a room! To be sure, the place looked quite upscale, which would be completed wasted on me :)

I asked the desk clerk to point me to another, but cheaper motel nearby. That one ended up asking $1,100. Ha!
What $100 pesos gets you

Then after asking for yet another recommendation, I rode right past the suggested place, as it was also quite swanky, and stopped at the current spot. Would you believe $170 pesos per night?!

That's the cheapest anywhere I've found on the entire trip. Cheaper even that campgrounds in the USA.

I suppose at that price, it was a bit much to assume they would provide a seat on the toilet, or a cover on the drain in the shower to keep me from falling in...

I just want to get through the night without donating more than 1/4 pint of blood to whatever lives in the mattress..

You can't have everything in life :)


              --

The hilarity doesn't stop.

It seems that this 'hotel' gets most of it's clients after 11 PM.
Then just before 6 AM this (Sunday) morning, I was awoken to the distinctive sound of no less than a dozen pairs of stilettos clacking down the hallway and down the stairs to leave.
Accompanied by lots of giggles, and butt-smacking goodbyes to boot.

Sorry, didn't want to disturb their flow by asking to take pics... You'll have to use your imagination on this one folks.


2 comments:

  1. Ha! Ha!

    Your voyage sounds interesting... to say the least.
    Stay safe.
    T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If "no toilet seat and a few bug bites" is the price you pay to have strangers welcome you into their home and students into their class room .. both resulting in new friendships and lasting memories ... then so be it!
    Yes.... life is good!!
    XO!

    ReplyDelete